I work at Google Research, in the Natural Language Understanding Team based in
Zurich, Switzerland. I work in the field of machine learning and computational linguistics.
My current research topics include Bayesian nonparametrics modeling, and
text summarization. Generally, my research interests are in the areas of Language Technology and Human-Computer Interaction. I am particulary interested in applying my research to different application domains such as information retrieval, finance and geographic information systems.
Previously, I worked as a Research Fellow in Macquarie University's Center for Language Technology (Sydney,
From 2009 to 2011, I was employed by Macquarie
University to work on a financial text mining project at the Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre.
From 2004 to 2008, I was Assistant Professor (Maitre de conferences) in the
Departement of Computing at the University
of Montpellier (France).
- Jean-Yves Delort, Enrique Alfonseca, DualSum: A Topic-Model for
Update Summarization, In Proc. of the 13th Conference of the European Chapter of
the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL'12), 2012
- Jean-Yves Delort, Bavani Arunasalam, Maria Milosavljevic, Henry
Leung, The Impact of Market Manipulation in Internet Stock Message
Boards, International Journal of Banking and Finance, Volume 8,
Issue 4, 2011 [Download]
- Jean-Yves Delort, Bavani Arunasalam, Cecile Paris, Automatic
Moderation of Online Discussion Sites International Journal of Electronic
Commerce, Vol 15, Number 3, June, 2011 [Download]
- Jean-Yves Delort Hierarchical Cluster Visualization in Web Mapping Systems, In Proceedings of the 19th ACM International World Wide Web Conference (WWW'10), Raleigh, North Carolina, USA, April 26-30, 2010
Jean-Yves Delort, Automatically Characterizing Salience Using Readers' Feedback, Journal of Digital Information (JoDI), Vol 10, No 1, 2009 [Download]
- Jean-Yves Delort, Identifying Commented Passages of Documents Using Implicit
Hyperlinks, In Proceedings of the Seventeenth ACM
International Conference on Hypertext and Hypermedia (HT'06), 2006, Odense,
- Jean-Yves Delort, Bernadette Bouchon-Meunier, Maria Rifqi, Enhanced Web-Document Summarization Using Hyperlinks, In Proceedings of The Fourteenth International ACM Conference on Hypertext and Hypermedia (HT'03), 2003, Nottingham, United Kingdom, pages 208-215 [Download]